Assignment 08, Website Development, CCV Spring 2017

Research - Fonts:

Question 1:

1

Try It Code - Font Family

I think it's very basic. No attitude change. I already knew this so no changes to my motivation or design concepts.

2

Try It Code - Font Style

I didn't know about oblique. No attitude change. I don't think there's any valid use for oblique so it wont change my design styles.

3

Try It Code - Font Size

4

Try It Code - Font Size Em

I think it's overly complicated. My attitude is that it's just a harder way to do things with no great benefit. Yes, I find this tiring. There's no need to make font sizing this complicated.

5

Try It Code - Font Size Mixture of Percent and Em

I think it's overly complicated and makes for a messy sytle sheet to combine font sizing techniques. My attitude is that it's just a harder way to do things with no great benefit. Yes, I find this tiring. There's no need to make font sizing this complicated.

6

Try It Code - Font Weight

7

Try It Code - Font Variant

I think it may be useful occasionally. No attitude change. I probably wont use this, but I may consider it in the future.

8

Try It Code - All at Once in Shorthand

I don't like shorthand code. I think it's sloppy and needlessly simplified. I will never do this, it's bad practice in my opinion.

9

Exercise 1

10

Exercise 2

11

Exercise 3

I think it's very basic. No attitude change. I already knew this so no changes to my motivation or design concepts as I probably wont choose to use em, I prefer px.

12

Exercise 4

13

Exercise 5

Question 2:

Css Syntax

This page is very basic syntax. It mentions nothing about the other two topics you've included in this question. To answer those: No, I would not use an animated font, it's tacky. And no, I would very rarely use text shadows because I find them chintzy, plus they reduce readibility. They may have applications in headlines, but they should never be used on body text.